Countless variations are possible, the only limit is your creativity.
- 500 gr white bread flour
- Optional, replace with 100 g finely ground semolina flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 7 g dried yeast (or woken up live yeast that has spent 10 min in warm water)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 310 ml warm water (mix 200 ml from tap, 110 ml boiled water)
Discovering interesting ingredients is part of the fun. A tomato base and grated cheese goes well with everything. Interesting ideas include
- Blue cheese and pears
- Feta, olives, peppers, oregano (Greek salad version)
Mix the dough. Leave to rise until double in size.
Make a ball and spread on a thin layer of flour. Form the pizza base.
Turn oven on to as high temperature as possible.
Add tomato sauce and ingredients. Cheese on top to protect other ingredients from burning.
The trick is to have a very hot oven, so open and close fast when inserting the pizza. The easiest way to avoid the dough sticking is to add flour in the bottom of the tray you use.