Sweet and sour beef. The pineapple pre-digests the meat for extra tenderness.
- 2 pounds beef top round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Salt, pepper
Mix the beef with the pineapple, onions, and powders and keep in the fridge for at least 1 h (or overnight).
Transfer to slow cooker with the remaining ingredients and cook for ages.