This is a simple soup, whose simplicity is its strength. Refrain from making it more complicated.
- 0.5kg minced beef
- 2-3 spring onion, chopped into small pieces
- half stick of celery, chopped into small pieces *0.5 Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- dumpling spices from Asian shop (or, you can replace by peppers, different herbs, coriander powder)
- 0.5 Tbsp sesame oil
- 0.5 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1cm cubed ginger, chopped into small pieces
- two spoon white wine or beer (optional)
Ideally buy a frozen pre made package in Asian shop.
Mix all filling ingredients well by hand.
Wrap the filling into individual wrappers by hand: put wrapper in the palm of your hand, place a small amount of filling in the center and seal the wonton into the desired shape by compressing the wrapper's edges together with your fingers. Moistening the wrapper's inner edges with water to partially dissolve them will help with sealing. It is important to press all air out of the interior to avoid rupturing the wonton from internal pressure when cooked.
Boil in a pan. Now is the time to add some salt, soy sauce, a bit vinegar, pepper to make the soup tasty (or you could also use a vegetable bouillon, but a simple soup also works great).
Drop the wonton one by one gently when the water is boiling
After 5-10 mins they are ready to serve. Add some fresh coriander leaves and enjoy.